Discussions on all forms of music
Extremely Unofficial Archive
"Here we will stake out a place where, for at least one subject,
ignorance is unwelcome. We will expose it, and encourage all to discard it
insofar as the subject of our discussion is concerned." -- Tim Howe
ALLMUSIC is a listserv, an unmoderated mailing list on BITnet (though most of us access it by the Internet,
and a few of us get it on the USENET echo).
It's curious how much those of us who have been on ALLMUSIC for a while have come to love it and the people
we've come to know there. Almost nobody on ALLMUSIC invites anyone else to join (we're kind of like the Unitarians
in that regard) so I won't break tradition. If you're thinking about joining, you'll even have to go down a page
or two to find out how.
As the weeks go on, I'll put in some posts I've managed not to lose or delete inadvertently. For now, though,
Guidelines and FAQ
Questions we wish you wouldn't ask quite so often
And just in case you still don't get it...
Each year we give out "golden newbie" awards and invite the recipients to join the old porchfarts
of the ALLMUSIC Cabal. Newbies who lurk a while and learn the way things are, who actually accept that there were
folks on ALLMUSIC before they got there, will find that the folks on ALLMUSIC are happy to welcome them to the
fold. Newbies who don't quite catch on to this will find us equally happy to express other sentiments...
- Postings - All our golden words, saved for
- Photos of listmembers.
Posts from the Past
Homepages of Listmembers
- Nancy Ahern (Mama N)
- Ken Bourbeau, who invites you to visit his Maria
McKee and Rod Stewart pages.
- Eileen Christman is behind a firewall, but she's got a page for her band OverheaD
and her other band the Nittany Valley Symphony
- Cheryl Cline, editor of Twangin'
- GraceAnn Andreassi DeCandido (Ladyhawke)
- Drummer (Michael Lehnertz)
- Jim Gardner has got a CD!
- Cyndi Glass, and check out The
Warren Cuccurullo Page to which she made a substantial contribution
- David Jacoby who also has quite a page
of music links and a fitting tribute to
- Mike Karolchik
- Can't find page for Sonia Kovitz yet, but here's
a page where she sells some of her otherworldly prints.
- Adam Levin - and check out Adam's
definitive progressive rock site
- Ian MacAllister
- David Malbuff
- Scott Morschauser's band The Kabalas
- Jeff (n.n) Preston - and don't forget his Atavachron
(Allan Holdsworth) page
- Jenna Steele's work
page and home page
- Don Thomason will have a homepage soon, but in the meantime, heres an article
he's written for The Amplifier
- Jonathan Troen
- Chuck Vance isn't webbed yet, but I believe the description in Carol's
Valentine to him is accurate
- Greg Waters
- Carol Watson aka Libby Doe, our favorite Canookie, and
Carol's Folk Festival Heaven
- Michael Winger
- Rotcod Zzaj (Dick Metcalf)
- Where's the rest of you guys? Click here to tell me your URLs.
ALLMUSIC Descends on Nashville
- Jeff ("n.n")'s report about the party, complete
with photos and art from the fantastic folks at ADdimension, and a live,
on the spot report
- The real truth about the get-together, which is now a veritable gateway to all
the Nashville trip reports I didn't misplace.
- While the rest of us were writing trip reports, Pat Padua wrote a novel.
- "We're Number One!" say ALLMUSIC's Sonia, Helebn, Chuck, Carol, and
Our MIDI files have moved to a page of their own.